Thank you for your interest in nominating an individual for consideration by the Board of Directors Nomination Committee.
If you choose to nominate a Jayhawk to serve, we ask that you complete the form and include your personal letter of recommendation. All nomination materials should be sent to the Association by March 1, 2021.
With your help, the Board hopes to recruit directors who represent the diversity of the KU family and the dedication that has been a hallmark of KU alumni service through the years. Thank you for your continuing assistance in strengthening our proud alma mater.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend three Board of Directors meetings annually
- Serve on a standing Association Committee (Alumni and Student Programs; Communications, Marketing, and Records; or Membership)
- Adhere to the bylaws of the Association
- Represent the Association at special events locally and nationally
- Actively promote membership in the Association
- Identify and cultivate volunteer leaders and financial support for the Association
- Make a gift to the Association and/or University annually
- Must be a member of the KU Alumni Association
- Ability to attend three meetings of the Board of Directors annually at own expense
- Have a positive view of the Association and University and desire to advance KU
Term of Service
Elected members serve a term of five years starting July 1 of each year.