2021 Ex.C.E.L. Award Application
In conjunction with the Student Union Activities, the Student Involvement & Leadership Center, and the Board of Class Officers, the Homecoming Steering Committee will select and honor two KU students with the annual Ex.C.E.L. Award for Excellence Community, Education, and Leadership.
These two students will be chosen based on their capacity for leadership, effective communication skills, involvement in the KU community, academic scholarship, and their ability to interact and work with a wide variety of students and organizations. The selected recipients of the Ex.C.E.L. Award will also each receive a cash gift from the Board of Class Officers and the KU Alumni Association.
All applications will be screened, and finalists will be selected to interview with the Ex.C.E.L. Award Selection Committee, comprised of students, faculty, staff, and administrators from various University departments. The Ex.C.E.L. Award finalists are presented and recognized during Homecoming Week.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time University of Kansas undergraduate students during the 2021-2022 academic year and have a minimum of 60 total credit hours.
- Applicants must have maintained a cumulative GPA equal to or greater than a 3.0.
- Applicants must submit an application, supply one reference, a personal statement, and a résumé or CV.
- The reference must be a KU faculty, staff, administrator, or representative of a community service agency.
- Past Ex.C.E.L. winners are not eligible to apply for the award.
Students interested in applying for the award must submit:
- Online application
- Personal Statement
- Name and contact information for one reference
The application deadline is October 1st at 8:00 a.m. For your application to be considered, please fill out the form below. Upon notification that a candidate is a finalist, interviews will take place October 4-8th. Finalists will be required to participate in a 20-minute interview during this time. Contact Paige Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Please complete the application below and upload the required materials.