Jennifer Alderdice Homecoming Award
In her 13 years at the University of Kansas Alumni Association, Jennifer Alderdice motivated countless students to become involved and take pride in the University. As assistant vice president, she organized hundreds of events for the Student Alumni Association and the KU community.
Jen’s motivation and dedication to our University are inspiring, and those who possess her attributes should be recognized. The 2009 Homecoming Steering Committee created this award to honor Jen, a longtime Steering Committee advisor. Jen left the Alumni Association after she and her husband adopted a baby in 2009.
The winner of the Jennifer Alderdice Homecoming Award will be selected based on outstanding dedication, initiative, motivation, positive attitude, and contributions to KU — in other words, the Jayhawk who best emulates the qualities of Jen Alderdice. The winner will be recognized during Homecoming Week. View a list of past recipients.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be a full-time sophomore or junior student with an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must be presently active in the KU community.
- Current members of the Homecoming Steering Committee are excluded from applying.
- Applicants must submit an essay.
- The committee will accept nominations as well as individual applications. If nominated, the nominee will need to fill out an application as well.
- Winner is awarded a $250 stipend, an award plaque, and recognition at the Football game and throughout Homecoming week at various events.
Students interested in applying for the award must submit:
- Online application.
- Personal Statement discussing your qualifications for this award based on your KU experiences.
- Reference Letter and contact information.
- Online application opens: Sept. 11 at 8 a.m.
- Online application closes: Oct. 6 at 5 p.m.
- Upon notification that a candidate is a finalist, virtual interviews will take place Oct. 12-13.
- Finalist notifications: Oct. 17 by 5 p.m.
- Finalist will be asked to attend the following events:
- Homecoming Kick-Off | Oct. 23 | 5:30-7 p.m., Jayhawk Welcome Center
- Homecoming Awards Banquet | Oct. 24 | 6-7:30 p.m., Jayhawk Welcome Center, The Pub & Bruckmiller
- Football Game: KU vs. Oklahoma | Oct. 28 | Time-TBD, David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium
Please complete the application below and upload the required materials.