Jan. 4-15, 2022
Travel provider: Orbridge
Join this truly life-changing adventure to experience the boundless beauty and pristine vastness of Antarctica. This remote continent and its precarious waterways have hosted some of the most courageous explorers in history, and have been the scenes of both triumph and tragedy since Captain Cook first sailed the region in 1773.
Embark from Ushuaia, Argentina, and cruise through the Drake Passage to the South Shetland Islands amid the Antarctic Peninsula—exploring the dramatic landscapes and remarkable wildlife that call this continent home. Trek through penguin rookeries, observe vast flocks of seabirds, learn about Antarctic ice conditions, and discover the sites of both past and present scientific expeditions.
Your expedition vessel for this amazing journey is the modern, 190-guest Ocean Victory, a nimble craft designed specifically for polar cruising—with large cabins, exceptional amenities, and a knowledgeable and friendly crew. Carefully selected specifically for this program, her small size provides the ability and agility to maneuver narrow channels and access bays that are closed to bigger vessels. The craft also boasts innovative new features including Rolls-Royce zero speed stabilizers and a patented X-Bow that offers a more comfortable and stable voyage.
- Explore the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, a beautiful island chain filled with an impressive variety of wildlife.
- Cruise aboard the perfect vessel for exploration. Ocean Victory is an Ice Class 1A super (equivalent to Polar Class 6), featuring 83% staterooms with balconies and a unique X-Bow ship design. The inverted bow quickens the Drake Passage crossing as it slices through waves, reducing rolling by 80%—and helping to prevent possible seasickness. This proven technology produces very low levels of noise and vibration.
- Enjoy the company and keen insights of expert expedition guides, scientists, and lecturers throughout the journey.
- Explore at your own pace, with numerous passenger landings and discoveries throughout the voyage, aided by a nimble ﬂeet of Zodiacs and knowledgeable guides.
- Join the optional Sea Kayaking excursion ($250 per person; limited availability). This is a one-time opportunity to explore the outstanding grandeur and magical beauty of the polar regions using a kayak. Participants must have prior kayaking experience.
- Take advantage of the ship’s impressive amenities, including a heated infinity swimming pool, two hot tubs, spa, gym, lounges, outdoor bar, and interactive dining experience.
- One night luxury hotel accommodations (including breakfast) in Ushuaia prior to embarkation
- 9 nights accommodations onboard Ocean Victory, including all onboard meals
- 24-hour self-service coffee and tea facilities onboard
- All scheduled landings and excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions)
- Your own expedition parka to keep
- A pair of insulated rubber boots for shore landings for the duration of the cruise (to be returned prior to disembarkation)
- Access to a photographic trip log (shared with guests after the voyage via an online link)
- All ship-board gratuities
- All luggage porterage
- All port fees
- Transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day
- Group transfers for all guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.
En route from U.S.
Arrive Ushuaia, Argentina
South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Ushuaia-Disembarkation/Depart for U.S.