Trade Routes of Coastal Iberia
Oct. 14-22, 2022
Travel provider: Gohagan & Company
Explore the ancient trade routes of Phoenician and Roman mariners and discover the cultural legacy of the most sophisticated civilization of the Middle Ages on this custom-designed, seven-night voyage from Lisbon, Portugal, to Barcelona, Spain, at the best time of year.
Cruise from the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Champlain featuring only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Visit the scenic port town of Lagos along Portugal’s stunningly beautiful Algarve coast and cruise into the heart of Seville on Spain’s legendary Guadalquivir River—a rare opportunity possible only by small ship—and visit the astounding Alcázar.
Stand on the “Top of the Rock” in Gibraltar. Tour Granada’s magnificent Alhambra Palace, framed by the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Call on the enchanting Balearic Island of Mallorca and discover the cultural landscape of Serra de Tramuntana.
Port calls and included excursions showcase two of the world’s most treasured UNESCO World Heritage sites and a Cultural Landscape. Lisbon Pre-Program Option and Barcelona Post-Program Option are offered.
- Uniquely created seven-night cruise following Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative programming and educational travel.
- Five great cities—Lisbon, Seville, Gibraltar, Granada and Barcelona—paired with the fascinating Algarve region—all shore excursions included.
- Special cruise up the Guadalquivir River into the heart of Seville, possible only by small ship.
- Specially arranged educational lectures.
- Visit enchanting Palma de Mallorca in the Balearic Islands and the Great Rock of Gibraltar.
- Lisbon Pre-Program and Barcelona Post-Program Options.
On Board the Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Small Ship Le Champlain
- Seven-night cruise from Lisbon, Portugal, to Barcelona, Spain.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Excursion to the splendid Ponta de Piedade rock formation in Portugal’s magnificent Algarve
- Excursion to the scenic port town of Lagos in the Algarve featuring the Baroque Church of St. Anthony.
- Cruise on Spain’s legendary Guadalquivir River, “the great river,” into the heart of Seville.
- Visit to the British Crown Colony of Gibraltar, featuring the “Top of the Rock” and St. Michael’s Cave.
- Tour of the historical Balearic Island port of Palma de Mallorca, featuring its medieval Old City and Bellver Castle.
- Visit to the hilltop estate of Son Marroig, offering unforgettable views of Mallorca’s coastline.
- Excursion to the Carthusian Monastery in Valldemossa, featuring a piano recital of Frédéric Chopin’s music.
UNESCO World Heritage Highlights
- Tour of Seville, highlighted by the rich historical monuments of Giralda Tower, the lavishly decorated Seville Cathedral and the Moorish Alcázar.
- Enjoy a performance of traditional flamenco.
- Excursion to Granada, featuring a specially arranged visit to the Alhambra and the lush Generalife Gardens, with dinner.
- Scenic drive through Mallorca’s Tramuntana Mountains to see its verdant Cultural Landscape.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Experienced, English-speaking local guides for included excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
Day 1 – Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 – Arrive in Lisbon, Portugal | Embark Le Champlain
Day 3 – Portimão, the Algarve, for Lagos
Day 4 – Cruise the Guadalquivir River into Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Day 5 – Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory
Day 6 – Málaga, Andalusia, Spain for Granada
Day 7 – Cruising the Mediterranean Sea
Day 8 – Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Day 9 – Barcelona, Catalonia | Disembark ship | Return to U.S. or Canada