Death Valley, Yosemite and the Great Parks of California
Oct. 2-9, 2022
Travel provider: Orbridge
Join us on a transformative journey into the sublime, sprawling wilderness of California’s national parks. With more national parks in the Golden State than anywhere in the nation, it’s home to some of our most iconic natural wonders—the highest waterfalls, largest trees, and one of the deepest canyons.
Showcasing Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks, this 8-day program celebrates the history, beauty, and culture of these magnificent public lands. Together we’ll experience rich and diverse natural landscapes, opportunities to glimpse wildlife, a cosmic voyage of stargazing, and a palpable connection with nature.
After each rewarding day exploring the surreal geological formations at Death Valley, the picturesque panoramas at Yosemite, and the towering sequoia forests of Sequoia and Kings Canyon, we’ll retire to well-regarded and comfortable resorts and lodges.
- Experience the diverse wonders of four West Coast national parks accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader.
- Stroll along beautiful boardwalks at Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge—habitat for a record-setting concentration of indigenous life in North America.
- Observe terrestrial and celestial spectacles in Death Valley National Park.
- Visit Badwater Basin, an otherworldly landscape of crinkly salt flats, and enjoy pristine views of thousands of stars in the nighttime sky.
- Ride the Mammoth Mountain gondola, featuring stunning views of the high Sierras (seasonal operation).
- Delight in extended exploration at Yosemite National Park, a varied landscape supporting more than 400 species of amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
- Spend two wondrous days at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, teeming with endless natural features, including General Sherman—a giant sequoia tree soaring 275 feet into the blue Sierra sky.
- 7 nights accommodations in inspiring hotels and lodges
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners, and a special farewell reception
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Expedition Leader as well as local expert guides
- All activities as described in the 8-day itinerary
- Admission and park fees
- Private deluxe motor coach with air conditioning and comfortable seating
- Luggage porterage
- Gratuities to Orbridge Expedition Leader, local guides, drivers, porters, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
Day 1: Arrive in Las Vegas | Death Valley National Park, California
Day 2: Death Valley National Park
Day 3: Death Valley National Park | Mammoth Lakes
Day 4: Mammoth Lakes | Yosemite National Park
Day 5: Yosemite National Park
Day 6: Yosemite National Park | Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Day 7: Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Day 8: Sequoia National Park | Fresno | Depat Fresno