Tanzania Safari During the Great Migration
Mar. 1-12, 2022
Travel provider: Gohagan & Company
During this 12-day journey of a lifetime, observe one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles. Travel into the majestic grasslands of Africa’s premier safari destination during the annual Great Migration of vast herds of wildebeest followed by zebra, gazelle and Cape buffalo, and look for other wildlife including elephant, lion, cheetah and leopard.
Visit three of Tanzania’s finest game parks—Lake Manyara, Tarangire and the Serengeti—and Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage site, for immersive game drives. Watch Tanzania’s plains and patterns unfold when you fly from Arusha to Serengeti National Park aboard a privately chartered aircraft and spend three nights in the heart of the Serengeti surrounded by the herds of the Great Migration.
Stay in deluxe accommodations at Serena Safari Lodges and an authentic tented camp along the banks of Lake Manyara. An expert curator illuminates human prehistory at Oldupai Gorge, one of the most important paleoanthropological sites in the world.
This exceptional travel value includes all accommodations, the chartered flight in Tanzania, daily game drives and most meals.
- Custom-designed air and land safari, with three nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park, exclusively from Gohagan & Company.
- Journey of a lifetime amidst one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles—the phenomenal Great Migration.
- Small group size for the optimal game-viewing experience—the best way to experience a safari in Tanzania.
- View the “endless plains” between Arusha and the Serengeti aboard a privately chartered aircraft designed to fly into remote areas.
- Visit three of Tanzania’s finest game parks—the Serengeti, Lake Manyara and Tarangire—and UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Accommodations in award-winning Serena Safari Lodges and an authentic tented lodge.
- A legendary program, operating for more than 30 years with rave reviews and still selling out!
- One night (upon arrival) and one day room (final day) in the Arusha Serena Hotel.
- One breakfast.
- Welcome safari briefing and introduction.
- Privately chartered scenic flight from Arusha to Serengeti National Park.
Serengeti National Park
- Welcome Reception.
- Three nights in the Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge, located in the heart of the Great Migration and designed to blend naturally into the African landscape.
- Three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners.
- Two morning and two afternoon game drives.
- Optional hot-air balloon flight excursion, weather permitting.†
- Game drive en route from Serengeti National Park to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, including a picnic lunch and a visit to Oldupai Gorge, the “cradle of mankind” with a talk by the local curator.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Two nights in the dramatic Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge.
- Two breakfasts and two dinners.
- Full-day game drive into the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Conservation Area aboard a four-wheel drive land cruiser, including a picnic lunch.
- Scenic drive from Ngorongoro Conservation Area to Lake Manyara.
- One night in the impressive Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge.
- Two nights in the authentic Maramboi Tented Lodge.
- Three breakfasts, two lunches and three dinners.
- Farewell Reception.
- One afternoon game drive and one walking safari along Lake Manyara.
- Scenic drive from Lake Manyara to Tarangire National Park.
Tarangire National Park
- One lunch in the Tarangire Safari Lodge.
- One morning and one afternoon game drive.
- Scenic drive to Arusha, with lunch at the Arusha Coffee Plantation.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities to safari drivers/guides for included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water provided in accommodations and safari vehicles.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
Day 1: Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2: Arusha, Tanzania
Day 3: Arusha/Private charter flight to Serengeti National Park
Day 4: Serengeti National Park
Day 5: Serengeti National park
Day 6: Serengeti National Park | Oldupai Gorge | Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 7: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 8: Ngorongoro Conservation Area | Lake Manyara National Park
Day 9: Lake Manyara National Park
Day 10: Tarangire National Park
Day 11: Lake Manyara | Arusha | Depart for U.S. or Canada
Day 12: Arrive in U.S. or Canada