Vancouver to Toronto by Rail
Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2022
Travel provider: Orbridge
Join this once-in-a-lifetime train trip across Canada—a small-group journey (26 guests maximum) from Toronto across the expanse of five provinces, through the Canadian Rockies to the Pacific Northwest.
Enjoy upgraded Prestige Class premium accommodations onboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian, providing the perfect combination of modern and elegant cabins, private concierge service, delightful meals prepared by onboard chefs, all-inclusive bar service, and observation cars that allow for unobstructed viewing of Canada’s great wilderness.
This is what travel was meant to be. And with time to explore Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Victoria during the optional pre-tour and post-tour, it’s a unique opportunity to get to know the beauty and history of our northern neighbor.
- Enjoy the serenity of travel by rail as you spend four days unplugged from the outside world, with the beauty of the Canadian wilderness unfolding before you.
- Relax at leisure within your private Prestige Class stateroom—providing 50% more living space than other class cabins—featuring a picture window that’s 60% larger than standard cabin windows, a leather couch by day that transforms into a comfortable double bed with luxury linens by night, heated floors and walls, private en suite bathroom with shower, flat-screen TV, and turndown service.
- Prestige Class amenities also include a small travel group size (26 guests max), dedicated concierge service, priority seating in the dining car, and complimentary snacks and beverages in the Park Car 24-hours a day.
- Awake each day to majestic, panoramic views outside your cabin’s picture window. Inside The Canadian, many amenities await you among the first-class, art deco style cars, with abundant leisure time to enjoy them all.
- From your stateroom, or from the Prestige Park car’s lounge and dome seating, admire the vastness and diversity of Canada—starting at the shores of Lake Ontario, traversing across five provinces—including expansive prairies and the Canadian Rockies—and ending in Vancouver.
- Savor the best in Canadian cuisine with a selection of local and regional specialties prepared by onboard chefs and served on the dining car’s elegant china. Three-course lunches and five-course dinners include specialties like Veal Chop with Cajun Spices, Canadian Lake Trout, and Pan-Seared Duck, served with complimentary beer or wine.
- Learn about the landscape, history, and people of Canada’s provinces through onboard lectures and presentations.
- Set out on a guided panoramic city tour of Vancouver.
- 2 nights luxury hotel accommodations
- 4 nights accommodations in Prestige Class onboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners (snacks and bar orders are included while aboard the train)
- Special welcome and farewell receptions
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director
- Gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, housekeeping staff, VIA Rail attendants, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Day 2: Vancouver | Board VIA Rail’s The Canadian
Day 3: Kamloops | Jasper, Alberta | Edmonton
Day 4: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan | Winnipeg, Manitoba
Day 5: Hornepayne, Ontario
Day 6: Toronto
Day 7: Toronto | Depart for U.S.