Assistant Director of Donor Relations
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Frequent early morning, evening and weekend hours
Senior Director of Donor Relations
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations is responsible for assisting with the coordination of the alumni donor relations program, taking a leadership role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of KU Alumni Association Presidents Club donors and to strengthen the relationship between alumni and the University of Kansas. Additionally, this position coordinates with the Business Development team, helping to identify prospective sponsors. Works closely with volunteers, University leadership, the KU Athletics Department, the college and schools, and the KU Endowment Association to execute programs consistent with the overall objectives of the University and Alumni Association.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Alumni Association as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the University with the ability to communicate the institution’s needs and priorities-both internally and externally
- Embraces and understands the unique and critical partnership the KU Alumni and KU Endowment Association share, particularly as it relates to growing advocates and generating greater philanthropy for the entire university
- Works closely with membership and programs departments to identify new Presidents Club prospects; involves both departments in strategic stewardship efforts
- Establishes consistent and transparent stewardship efforts in coordination with donor relations team
- Assists in planning and staffing of donor events and other Alumni Association programs
- Uses significant judgement and discernment to identify donor prospects, establish travel schedule, setting donor meetings, developing donor relationships, and associated communications
- Prepares periodic written reports to document activities and accomplishments in relation to established goals and activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Experience working with a university or other non-profit organization or event planning and marketing is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Neatness in appearance, maturity, cultural depth and breadth, discipline, creativity, initiative, and integrity
- Ability to independently initiate, organize, and follow through with program plans
- Ability to remain informed about diverse programs within the University and the Association
- Organizational ability to participate in and coordinate a wide variety of alumni activities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers and association and campus staff
- Position requires extensive travel and willingness to work nights and weekends as required
- Valid driver’s license is required
To apply, email a letter of interest (cover letter sharing why this position is of interest to you and what skills you bring that make you an ideal candidate for this position), résumé, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only).
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045. Review of applications will begin October 14, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable. If you are called for an interview, you may be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable.