Donor Relations Coordinator
Full-time; Salaried non-exempt
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Frequent early morning, evening and weekend hours
Senior Director of Stewardship and Executive Support
The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the management of donor stewardship events and activities for the donor relations team, and assists with organizing and executing the day-to-day operations of the Flying Jayhawks travel program, as well as the membership program. This position may work closely with University administration, the KU Athletics Department, the KU Endowment Association, and alumni constituents to execute events or programs consistent with the overall objectives of the University and the Alumni Association. This position is also responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Alumni Association as it relates to the educational, research, and service goals of the University with the ability to communicate the institution’s needs and priorities–both internally and externally.
- Assists with planning and the execution of all stewardship events, including, but not limited to:
- Fundraising special events, tailgate/game day events (home & away), virtual fundraising events, golf tournaments, Hawks & Highways events, and KU Kickoffs
- Works closely with the Donor Relations team in coordinating the alumni donor relations program, with an emphasis on the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of KU Alumni Association Presidents Club donors
- Works closely with the Kansas City board and volunteers to execute a signature fundraiser
- Works with the membership team to develop and implement a member recruitment and retention plan to increase membership at all levels.
- Provides day-to-day customer service to members and potential members via phone, email, letter, personal contact, etc.
- Works with membership team to assist with fulfillment, including acknowledgement letters, special promotions, automatic renewal incentives, etc. as needed.
- Manages inventory and distribution of member appreciation gifts and recruitment/retention incentives.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of membership process in Advance, iModules, and online forms.
- Provide day-to-day customer service to current and potential passengers
- Fulfill pre- and post-trip mailings
- Handles confidential and non-routine information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree is required
- Experience with a university or non-profit organization is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Neatness in appearance, maturity, cultural depth and breadth, discipline, creativity, initiative and integrity
- Maintains knowledge and competency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MS Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Acute attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Ability to establish and maintain priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment with competing tasks and demands
- Position may require occasional night and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license is required
To apply, email a letter of interest (cover letter sharing why this position is of interest to you and what skills you bring that make you an ideal candidate for this position), résumé, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only).
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045. Review of applications will begin October 14, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable. If you are called for an interview, you may be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable.