Graduate Assistantships: Student Alumni and Jayhawk Career Network
The KU Alumni Association (KUAA) is a trusted, strategic partner in advancing the mission of the University of Kansas by uniting a global network of Jayhawks and increasing the value of KU degrees. Through the support of dues-paying members, donors, and friends, the KU Alumni Association creates a positive impact for the University of Kansas in five ways: We Advocate, Communicate, Recruit, Serve, and Unite Jayhawks.
KUAA is now accepting applications for two Graduate Assistant positions that will work directly with the Student Alumni (SAN) and Jayhawk Career Networks (JCN) to support strategic initiatives that advance and strengthen the Student Alumni and Jayhawk Career Networks. The Graduate Assistant(s) will function as part of the Student Alumni and Jayhawk Career Network teams and will work under full-time staff persons (Director of Student Programs and Director of Jayhawk Career Network). The Graduate Assistant(s) will complete training and meet regularly (virtually or in-person) with KUAA staff. The position(s) may also include projects for other KU Alumni Association programs and initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Graduate Assistant(s) support full-time KUAA staff with advancing and strengthening the Student Alumni and Jayhawk Career Networks through programming and recruitment efforts Assist with programming and execution of events for JCN and SAN
- Coordinate communications for KU Mentoring+
- Coordinate alongside the KUAA marketing and communications team alumni digital systems and marketing/communication strategies for SAN and JCN
- Assist with co-advising both student Alumni Leadership Board and Homecoming Steering Committee
- Assist with generating the vision and strategy to promote JCN and SAN through KUAA digital and social media platforms
- Create an assessment plan for JCN and SAN events that align with the KUAA assessment strategy
- Experience with creating, executing, and assessing alumni and/or student programs.
- Ability to organize information, schedule activities, and balance multiple projects while working independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion.
- Must be available to work night/weekend commitments and during peak times at the KU Alumni Association.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Experience with working with diverse student and alumni populations.
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn University offices, academic programs, and resources.
- Experience with social media and digital marketing.
10-15 hours per week
Nov. 29, 2021 (flexible)
$12-$14 per hour
To apply, email a letter of interest (cover letter sharing why this position is of interest to you and what skills you bring that make you an ideal candidate for this position), résumé, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only). Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045. Review of applications will begin October 14, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable. If you are called for an interview, you may be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable.
If you are called for an interview, you will also be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.