Revenue Development Coordinator
Job posted 06/15/22 – Review of applications begins 07/06/22 and continues until position is filled.
Revenue Development Coordinator
Full-time; Salaried Non-Exempt
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Frequent evening and weekend hours
Sr. Vice President of Donor and Member Relations and Vice President of Business Development
The Revenue Development Coordinator provides administrative support to: 1) assist with the membership recruitment, retention and fulfillment process; 2) support the donor team with event planning and registrations; 3) assist with daily responsibilities surrounding the travel program; 4) support the donor team with Presidents Club communications and retention goals; 5) assist with business development activation fulfillment and tracking and corporate partner relations.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Alumni Association as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the University with the ability to communicate the institution’s needs and priorities-both internally and externally.
- Serves on the Membership Internal team.
- Works with the Director/Assistant Director of Membership to develop and implement a member recruitment and retention plan to increase membership at all levels (Recent Grad, Annual, Life and Endacott Society) and achieve annual revenue and membership goals.
- Provides day-to-day customer service to members and potential members via phone, email, letter, personal contact, etc.
- Works with Director/Assistant Director of Membership and interns to assist with fulfillment, including acknowledgement letters, special promotions, automatic renewal incentives, etc.
- Access data mining services using vendors and internal support to analyze and identify target groups.
- Manages inventory and distribution of member appreciation gifts and recruitment/retention incentives.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of membership process in current and future systems and platforms.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of Trello, KUAA’s project management tool, to assist with planning, execution and tracking of membership campaigns.
- Attends events to help promote membership.
Flying Jayhawks Alumni Travel program:
- Provide day-to-day customer service to current and potential passengers.
- Fulfill pre- and post-trip mailings.
- Provide day-to-day customer service to donors and potential donors with regards to giving and/or events via phone, email, and personal contact, etc.
- Coordinate with the team to help plan and execute events, including, but not limited to, home & away tailgates, post-season events, fundraising events, and Hawks & Highways.
- Assist with event registrations.
- Provide event reservation reports and data to donor team members.
- Attend donor events to assist with event set-up, check-in and other donor activities.
- Assist with advertiser/partner/sponsor activation fulfillment and tracking using Trello and working with internal teams.
- Prepare partner summaries and assist with proposals using Power Point.
- Assist with tracking revenue, invoicing and generating reports.
- Attend sponsored events to assist with onsite activation fulfillment.
- College degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with a university or other non-profit membership organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated Power Point, Excel, Google Doc skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with team members from all departments, as well as externally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to attend and work events as needed.
- Strong project management skills and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials. Must be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Position requires willingness to travel, and to work nights and weekends as required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Frequent: sitting, hearing, listening, talking (on phone, in person), reading (including computer screens, mail), interaction with staff, alumni, students, University colleagues, vendors, donors, members and corporate partners;
- Often: repetitive hand motion (such as typing or picking), walking;
- Occasional: work outside normal business hours including nights and weekends; travel by car or plane to offsite meetings and events; and exposure to noise and temperature variances at both indoor and outdoor events.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy and commitment of the KU Alumni Association to prohibit discrimination in employment practices, organizational activities and provision of services on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected characteristics, the KU Alumni Association also strives to prevent subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (like bias and stereotyping). Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place here.
The KU Alumni Association is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact Dwight Parman at email@example.com or 785.864.4763.
To apply, email a letter of interest (cover letter sharing why this position is of interest to you and what skills you bring that make you an ideal candidate for this position), résumé, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only). Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045.
Review of applications will begin July 6, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable. If you are called for an interview, you may be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045.