KU plans for Non-Traditional Student Week to celebrate students
The University of Kansas Student Involvement and Leadership Center will host a week of events for Non-Traditional Student Week starting on November 4 and ending on November 14 in recognition of KU’s non-traditional students. This week is an opportunity to acknowledge the student population that juggles the competing responsibilities of work, family, and life while pursuing their educational goals here at the University of Kansas. Take time this week to celebrate you, your peers, and the entire KU community throughout our series of in-person and virtual events!
The week’s events include:
● 11/4 – Tabling for Transfer Students on Wescoe Beach, Jayhawk Boulevard from 9:00 to 11:00 am. Stop by for some donuts and free swag from the SILC office.
● 11/5 – Student-Parent Grab Bag Pick Up for families enrolled at Hilltop Childcare Center.
● 11/6 – KU vs. K-State Non-Traditional Student Tailgate on the Baumgartner Terrace at the Kansas Union (near the Mississippi Street entrance), game time still TBD. This is a family friendly event.
● 11/8 – First Generation Celebration Lunch taking place in the Sabatini Multicultural Center from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Pizza and other treats will be provided.
● 11/9 – Online Student Paint-By-Numbers taking place via Zoom from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. This event is invite only.
● 11/10 – Non-Traditional Student Gift Bag Pick Up happening at the SILC Office on the fourth floor of the Kansas Union from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
● 11/11 – Military-Affiliated and Non-Traditional Student Breakfast taking place in the Forums at the Burge Union from 8:30 to 10:30 am. There will be a buffet-style breakfast and resource tables.
● 11/12 – Non-Traditional Student Coffee Happy Hour happening at the Kansas Union Ascher Plaza from 9:00 to 10:30 am. Pastries and giveaways will be provided.
● 11/13 – Drive-In Movie taking place at the LIED Center parking lot. Gates open at 5:00 pm with the movie starting shortly after at 5:30 pm.
● 11/14 – 2021 KU Vets’ Day 5K will start in parking lot 94 with the race beginning at 9:00 am. Please arrive early for on-site registration. Pre-registration for this event is encouraged.
“Our non-traditional students are truly valued here at KU,” says Jennifer Sprague, the Educational Program Coordinator within the Student Involvement and Leadership Center at the University of Kansas. “We are so excited for a weeklong celebration of these students.”
For questions about any of the Non-Traditional Student Week events, please contact the SILC office at email@example.com.