Flavors of Northern Italy
Sept. 17-25, 2022
Travel provider: Orbridge
Join our small group for a nine-day journey to the culinary and cultural heart of Northern Italy—a region brimming with exquisite local wines, specialty ingredients, soul-satisfying signature dishes and the wonderful Italians who conjure them with time-honored techniques.
Settle into a beautiful wine estate outside Verona. Within reach is a connoisseur’s pick of centuries-old wineries, artisan producers and extraordinary, historic sites.
With each day highlighted by exclusive experiences, access authentic Italy, learn from local Italians and, most of all, revel in la dolce vita—the joyful celebration of food, friends and life!
- With your small group (maximum 19 guests), enjoy seven nights accommodations at a historic country farmhouse amidst a wine and olive oil-producing estate.
- Join intimate cooking classes with locals who share their families’ histories and favorite recipes.
- Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-year-old Roman arena and the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio Bridge.
- In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit family-owned and -operated vineyards, meeting the esteemed vintners and discovering their unique varietals. Partake in exclusive tastings and presentations, and learn how wine-making traditions have been passed down through generations.
- Admire the panoramic beauty at captivating Lago di Garda—Italy’s largest lake.
- Delight in a cheese-making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia, home to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses.
- See Palazzo Ducale di Mantova—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—which was the royal residence of the Gonzaga family from 1328 to 1707.
- Meet a renowned winemaker who specializes in creating Amarone. Then retreat to a nearby restaurant for a polenta-making demonstration, featuring Amarone, and dinner.
- Enjoy a special excursion near Modena for a tasting of aged balsamic vinegar during a convivial meal with the property’s owner and his family.
- Relax during a boat tour around Lago d’Iseo, featuring mesmerizing clear water and stunning mountain scenery, followed by touring on land.
- Explore the 16th-century cellars of Mosnel winery and learn how painstaking attention to detail produces wines of consummate elegance and complexity.
- 7 nights accommodations; 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 7 dinners served with wine
- All lessons, private tours and tastings, and special small-group excursions as noted in the 9-day itinerary
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director and expert local guides
- Private motor coach transportation
- Luggage porterage
- Gratuities to Orbridge Travel Director, local guides, and drivers
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
Day 1: En route from U.S.
Day 2: Arrive in Verona, Italy | Province of Brescia (Selva Capuzza)
Day 3: Tower of San Martino
Day 4: Verona | Valpolicella
Day 5: Marano | Malcesine
Day 6: Modena | Mantua
Day 7: Roncà | Soave | Sirmione
Day 8: Sulzano | Lago d’Iseo | Franciacorta
Day 9: Verona | Depart Verona for U.S.