Director or Senior Director of Membership
KU Alumni Association
Full time; Exempt
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Frequent evening and weekend hours
Senior Vice President of Donor and Member Relations
The Director of Membership is responsible for developing and executing member recruitment and retention plans; managing the fulfillment and acknowledgement process; managing advertising/marketing traffic and production process and managing corporate partner activation plans.
- Leads the organization’s membership recruitment and retention strategy, and actively participates on the internal marketing team.
- Supervises, evaluates and trains Operations and Membership Coordinator and student intern(s).
- Works with Senior Vice President to develop and implement member recruitment and retention plan to increase membership at all levels and achieve annual revenue and membership goals.
- Coordinates data mining analysis services to identify target groups.
- Manages day-to-day membership renewals, fulfillment and acknowledgements.
- Manages inventory and distribution of member appreciation gifts and recruitment/retention incentives.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of membership process in Advance, iModules and online forms.
- Customer Service/Stewardship:
- Takes the lead in providing excellent customer service to all constituents, including but not limited to current and potential members and is a key communicator for membership topics both internally and externally.
- Deepen engagement for current members by engaging the team in a robust stewardship plan.
- Assists with developing and managing annual budget for areas of responsibility.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Attends various Alumni Association and University events and programs as directed.
- Other duties as required.
- College Degree (prefer business/marketing degree) and a minimum of 3-5 years related work experience is required; experience with a university or other non-profit membership organization is preferred.
- Neatness in appearance, maturity, creativity and initiative.
- Knowledge of and competency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with team members from all departments, as well as externally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong project management skills and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
To apply, email a letter of interest with résumé, salary requirements, and names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only).
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045.
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable.
If you are called for an interview, you will also be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.